02. Dance and Visual Arts - Dance Day 29 April 2015 will be
devoted to dance and the visual arts (painting, sculpture, drawing).
You can cooperate with an artist to combine your performance with an
exhibition, or find other ways to integrate works of art into your
Dance Day celebration.
03. Black Sea Conference/Festival in Greece - All forms of
dance. Companies and soloists from all Black Sea countries are
invited to the Black Sea Conference/Festival to take place in summer
2015 at the Dora Stratou Theater, Athens.
04. New CID Section in Serbia - The Belgrade Section of CID
has been formally constituted and recognized. Ms. Ivana Milovanovic
has been appointed as its first President.
05. New CID Section in Tunisia - The Tunis Section of CID has
been formally constituted and recognized. Ms. Nesrine Chaabouni has
been appointed as its first President.
06. Ballet workshop in Cuba - 3-7 November 2014 at the
Ballet Nacional de Cuba under the General Direction of its founder,
Alicia Alonso, long time Member of the CID, during the 24th
International Ballet Festival of Havana, in the technique, style and
interpretation of the Cuban school of ballet.
07. Folk fitness dance in China - Conference in Shanghai,
15-20 October 2014. Inviting groups of up to 15 performers, covering
all local expenses.
08. Positions for soloists in Russia - Academic ballet
theatre in Saint Petersburg invites soloists from all countries to
join its company. Age up to 27. Providing salary, extra payment for
09. Scholarships to study dance in the USA - Various
institutions offer scholarships specifically designed to support
students studying dance in colleges or universities in the United
States. Ask the Secretariat for details.
10. Dance quotations - Hundreds of witty or revealing
quotations on dance by politicians, philosophers, writers, artists
and other famous personalities, at